Business Academy Member Terms and Conditions
Hub membership information can be found below as well as the T&Cs for membership, room hire and our current Covid-secure agreement.
Please fill out the Room hire agreement and the Covid-secure agreement. Once completed you will receive an emailed copy of your signed agreement and then we will forward you with the room door codes and online scheduling link.
Membership to the Wellness Business Hub
Is this membership for you? It is if you are a wellness professionals and you would like to:
- LEARN: Have access to the Wellness Business Academy. You will have access to a host of resources to help with your marketing and additionals skills. There certainly will be plenty for you to choose from through a mix of google classroom sessions, online courses, in-person and online workshops…. if there is a topic you would like us to include, let us know and we will make it happen.
- CONNECT: Be part of a community of wellness and health professionals that are all focused on learning, collaborating and an adventurous wellness journey.
- FOCUS: Have monthly 1:1 mentoring power hours that will keep you focused on your goals and help you think around those business barriers.
- THRIVE: There are no ceilings to your success and we love to celebrate your wins with you!!
- ROOM HIRE: 20% discount on room hire at our Wellness Hub Oxford. Available for regular hire, residential retreats and courses.
Please take the time to read and understand these Membership terms and conditions (Membership Terms). They govern your (your or you) use of the Peak Movement Business Academy service (Site) and the discounted room hire at The Wellness Hub Oxford as a member.
Once you sign to, you agree to the Membership Terms as a legally binding contract between you and Peak Movement. If you do not want to agree to these Membership Terms, then we will have to reject your membership request.
In these Membership Terms, Content means all the content available and provided by The Wellness Hub Oxford, the Peak Movement Business Academy including tutorials, courses, videos, eBooks, sample files and user forum content.
- Payment agreement
Monthly membership is subscribed to via our online booking platform: Acuity Scheduling. There is no fixed term contract and you may cancel at any time by emailing us or via the online booking platform.
If you are under 18 years, you need your guardian/parents’ permission before becoming a member and accessing the Site.
Your Membership is non-transferable. You must not share any username and password given to you with anyone else or allow anyone else to access the Site using your username and password.
You are responsible for every use of the Site that occurs in conjunction with use of your username and password. You must use reasonable efforts to keep your username and password confidential. You must notify us as soon as you become aware of any unauthorised use of your membership, username or password.
Membership is based on periodic subscription fees which are detailed on the Site’s sign up page. Your membership, or access to Content and areas of the Site, will be suspended or cancelled if we do not receive the fees for your subscription type.
You can ask for a refund of subscription fees under our “Moneyback Guarantee” policy, during the first 7 days of your subscription. You may also have rights granted to you by law which may entitle you to a refund of fees in specific circumstances. Apart from those things, refunds of subscription fees will not be made.
- Availability and Use of the Site
The Site will usually be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We may, however, need to interrupt or suspend your access to the Site or the provision of the Site’s services and Content, for maintenance, technical or other reasons.
When accessing and using the Site and its services and Content, you must comply with directions, instructions or protocols posted on the Site.
We are pleased to be able to offer a wide range of exclusive Content on the Site for your educational and learning needs, which we aim to regularly add to. The Content will be updated, changed or removed from time to time, at our discretion, so we can’t guarantee that specific Content will always be available on the Site.
- Rights to Content; intellectual property
Each item of Content is copyright of its author. We own any Peak Movement™ and The Wellness Hub Oxford contributed Content, and all other rights in the Site including its design, compilation and look and feel.
Your membership gives you a right (a revocable, non-exclusive licence) to use the Content for personal purposes. You must not redistribute Content (such as tutorials, eBooks, videos, courses and source files). Any project files, spreadsheets or other assets associated with Content are included to demonstrate the course or tutorial. You may use, modify and manipulate files for your own personal educational purposes, but you must not otherwise exploit the files and the assets in them, or redistribute the files or assets. If you love the Content, please ask your wellness business friends to become members too!
You may freely use the procedures and techniques demonstrated in the Content (that is, the knowledge you gain) for any commercial or personal purpose.
The trademarks and logos displayed on the Site are, unless otherwise stated, those of Peak Movement™ and others, and you must not use these without the approval of the relevant owner.
- Fair use and prohibited conduct
You are permitted to download Content to your computer as part of your membership. But your membership is subject to a ‘fair use’ policy. Our ‘fair use’ policy requires that your use of the Site and the Content must be fair, genuine and reasonable. For example, the total amount of Content you download must be reasonable in light of your genuine education and learning needs, and the time needed to genuinely engage with the Content. We will use our reasonable discretion to decide whether a member has complied with the ‘fair use’ policy.
You must not use scripts to automatically mass download Content.
You also must not:
- Use a false email address, impersonate others, or misrepresent your affiliation with others.
- Insert advertising, branding or other promotional content into the Site or Content.
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to computer systems or materials through the Site.
- Engage in automatic gathering of information from or through the Site (such as “spidering”, “screen scraping”, “database scraping” or harvesting of e-mail addresses).
- Attempt to interrupt or alter the Site’s operation in any way (for example through sending mass unsolicited messages, “flooding” servers, or introducing a virus, time bomb, trojan horse, worm, cancelbot or other computer routine ).
- Use the Site or the Content in a way that violates applicable law, that violates third party intellectual property or other rights, or that is, fraudulent, obscene, offensive, or defamatory.
- Except as allowed in these Membership Terms, copy, distribute, transmit, modify or otherwise exploit the Content or any other data or code made available through the Site.
- Intellectual property complaints
We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that you do the same.
Please contact us if you believe that your intellectual property or other rights are being affected by anything on the Site.
If you are specifically making a copyright-based claim regarding Content, please forward the following information to us:
- Your address, telephone number, and email address
- A description of the location of the alleged infringing material
- A description of the copyright work that has been allegedly infringed
- A statement by you that you warrant that the information given in your claim is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or are authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- Forum and community rules
Please read our Forum and Community rules, which are part of these Membership Terms and apply to content contributed to the Sites by members (such as comments, reviews and forum posts).
We reserve the right, but are not obliged, to monitor all matter posted to the Site. We are not responsible or liable for material posted by others. We do, however, reserve the right to edit, refuse to post or to remove matter that in our discretion is objectionable or in violation of these Membership Terms, our policies or applicable law.
You must not upload or post any materials that:
- Restrict or inhibit others’ use or enjoyment of the Site
- Are false, misleading, fraudulent, unlawful, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, or offensive
- Infringe others’ rights, including privacy or intellectual property rights
- Disclose personal information about others, particularly sensitive information
- Contain a virus, spyware, or other harmful component
- Contain commercial solicitation or ‘spam’ of any kind.
Personal information that you disclose may be used by Peak Movement, its agents and contractors in relation to your membership and the Site, including marketing activities for the Site.
We may disclose any personal information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or government request.
- Refusal, suspension or termination of membership
We may, in our discretion, immediately restrict, suspend or terminate your membership and access to the Site if we consider you in breach of these Membership Terms, any other Site rules, or applicable law.
We reserve the right to refuse membership in our discretion (examples include previous breaches of membership terms on any of our websites and previous utilisation of the Site’s “Moneyback Guarantee”).
- Liability and disclaimer
Except as provided in an applicable Non-excludable Law, we are bound only by the express promises made in these Membership Terms and are not bound by implied terms.
Except as provided in an applicable Non-excludable Law:
a. we do not promise that the Content or your access to the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected, or that the Site or Content are free of viruses or any other harmful components; and
b. we make no promises regarding your access to, or the results of your access to, the Site or Content in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise.
Except as provided in an applicable Non-excludable Law, we and our affiliates are not liable for indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, loss or revenue or loss of profits which result from any use of or access to, or any inability to use or access, the Site.
- Changes to Membership Terms
We may change these Membership Terms from time to time, but we will notify members before doing so. You will be given the opportunity to cancel your subscription with a pro-rata refund (based on time remaining in your subscription) if you do not want to accept the changes. If you do not opt out in this way, your continued subscription to and use of the Site will be an acceptance of the updated Membership Terms.
- Applicable Laws
We control and operate the Site from our offices in the UK. The laws of the UK govern these Membership Terms, and you and Peak Movement™ and The Wellness Hub Oxford submit to the jurisdiction of the courts there.
If you have any questions, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
1. Professionalism and licences:
- This contract is only valid between the hub member named below and The Wellness Hub Oxford.
- You are not to sub-let any of the rooms and all rooms are for exclusive use.
- Use of the other rooms are prohibited unless booked; please book the rooms according to requirement.
- You are to behave professionally and appropriately towards clients and fellow users of the facilities at The Wellness Hub Oxford, according to the rules set out by your governing body and covered by insurance.
- To continually have full professional insurance and provide a copy to The Wellness Hub Oxford each year upon renewal.
- Only to use the facilities for the disciplines that you are qualified and are insured for.
- Hirers must maintain a licence for PPL for the playing of music or alternatively play only royalty-free music. The Wellness Hub Oxford holds the PRS licence for the building (The Hub comes under the General Purpose tariff).
- You are responsible for your own pricing, offers and taking payment from your client for your services. The Wellness Hub Oxford does not have any legal right to your client list and is not responsible for the management of your clients.
- You are responsible for your own marketing- website, leaflets, business cards, social media etc.
2. General housekeeping and safety:
- Clients should not be given access to the room without yourself being present.
- You will leave the room as you found it. Remove rubbish, turn off lights and heaters/fans, close windows and lock the door.
- Consumables to be provided by yourself. Personal belongings may be left in your designated storage space but at owner’s risk.
- Broadband is available and should be used in a responsible manner and not for any illegal purposes.
- Kitchen and common areas should be kept clean and tidy. Wash and put away any mugs and utensils and make sure nothing is left in the fridge.
- Car parking is provided for you and your clients. Cars must be parked thoughtfully and sensibly.
- There is a 5mph speed limit. Please respect this and ask your clients to do so.
- Smoking is not permitted, nor the use of candles etc.
- Record any first aid incidences in the report book located in the foyer.
- Any problems/maintenance issues/breakages must be reported to Amy Peak on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 07940 732 464
3. Room bookings and payment:
- The room must booked using Acuity Scheduling- the booking link will be confirmed with you once agreement has been confirmed so that you may book rooms with ease online.
- Every room is for exclusive hire only- no shared use (subject to change if Covid-19 situation improves)
- The room can be booked for minimum of one hour slots and should include the time occupied by the hirer and must include preparation time and time to tidy and leave the room as you find it.
- ALL sessions must be entered – failure to do so will be deemed a breach of contract.
- Your session is not guaranteed unless you book your session.
- 24 hour notice is required for any session cancelled or rescheduled.
- Payment to be made by bank transfer or cash within 7 days of invoicing. A charge of £20 will be added to the following months invoice if payment is late.
- This contract and the rates will be reviewed bi-annually in January for new rates to apply from 01 April, and then in July for new rates to apply from 01 October.
- You may terminate this agreement by giving one month’s notice and The Wellness Hub Oxford will give one month’s notice if we wish to terminate this agreement.
- The Wellness Hub Oxford retain the right to terminate this agreement immediately if there is a breach of contract.
5. Member rates and details (non-members please review points 6.1 – 6.4)
- Current room hire rates for members until October 2021, as part of your £35/month membership discounted room hire, is £10.80 per hour (minimum charge 1 hour) including VAT
- Hub members have the option to be invoiced at the end of the month. Your acuity client information will be used on the last day of each month for invoicing your sessions. You will be invoiced for all booked sessions apart from those that you have paid for upon booking.
- Online booking conditions: you are able to schedule no fewer than 1 hours in advance and no more than 365days in the future. These limits enable you to have priority booking over non-members.
- As part of the hub membership, you have access to monthly 1:1 business mentoring, to book click here
- The Wellness Hub Oxford will provide you with advertising space on the Hub website- it is your responsibility to ensure that your information is up to date. If you would like any content to be shared on the Hub social media or website/blog, please email Amy at email@example.com
6. Non-member rates and details (hub members please review points 5.1-5.5)
- Current room hire rates for non-members until October 2021is £13.50 per hour (minimum charge 1 hour) including VAT
- Non-members must pay for room hire session upon booking. Discretional monthly invoicing may be agreed to for weekly classes/sessions or block bookings- contact Amy to discuss requirement.
- Online booking conditions: as a non-member you are able to schedule no fewer than 24 hours in advance and no more than 14 days in the future. These limits enable hub members to have priority booking over non-members. Discretional scheduling may be agreed to for weekly classes/sessions or block bookings- contact Amy to discuss requitement.
- If you require advertising space on the website and our social media, please apply to become a hub member
7. Covid-secure requirements: as this is and will be a variable situation, please fill out the separate Covid-19 agreement which you will be expected to sign each month. Please note the maximum room capacity for each room (if the room is used for exercise it is based on a 100sqft per person in accordance with guidance from UKActive).