Including cancer wellness and palliative care
Massage adapted to support those living with cancer.
As level 5 therapist with a post-graduate certification in Oncology massage I aim to dispell the common misconception that cancer is a contraindication to massage. With the appropriate knowledge and adaptions, massage has many benefits for those living with cancer that is support by scientific evidence, research and ancedotal expereinces.
With 45% of cancer patients under-going surgery as a form of treatment, ScarWork can be integrated into your treatment session if we feel it is appropriate to improve mobility, reduce scar restrictions or improve sensation around the scar area.
Stand in the storm and when the wind doesn’t blow your way, adjust your sail
Benefits of massage when living with cancer:
Some of the possible benefits of massage for a person living with cancer includes (these have all been noted in research):
- Reduce the length of hospital stays
- Relief from touch deprivation
- Helps create a sense of control
- Improves the effectiveness of medication, physiotherapy and other medical procedures
- Restore a positive body image
- Surgery recovery- lessen the long term effects of anaesthesia and promote wound healing
- Decrease the symptoms of chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- Improved sleep quality and recovery
- Improved perception of pain, decreased nausea and increased relaxation
- Reduced anxiety scores, depression, general fatigue, reduced motivation fatigue, and emotional fatigue
Oncology massagy treatment is individual. We take into account diagnosis, treatment, personal needs and long and short term goals.
Book your Oncology Massage treatment
For a full list of my Therapy and Coaching appointment types, head over to my BOOK NOW page. I also offer free chats to discuss your personal requirements and create a remedial plan that is unique to you.
Book a free chat
There is no better way to find out if I am your ideal therapist than having a chat. I look forward to hearing from you.
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
By appointment only
07940 732 464
Oxfordshire, OX14 4EL