Soft Tissue Therapy
Advanced Sports and Remedial Massage
What is Soft Tissue Therapy?
Soft Tissue Therapy is the application of advanced sports and remedial massage techniques alongside the prescription of movement. More than just a massage, soft tissue therapy is the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of the bodies soft tissue structures such as muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia.
Scar tissue from surgery or trauma is also a form of soft tissue and ScarWork can be integrated into your treatment session if we feel it is appropriate.
“Been a lifesaver in helping me get ready for and recover from half marathons and a marathon! Thank you” ~ AC
Who can benefit from Soft Tissue Therapy?
This therapy is accessible to all, no requirement to be an athlete or participating in a sport to benefit. I work with clients who have struggled with prolonged injury, chronic pain or recovering from surgery. Common conditions treated include:
- SI joint pain
- Scar adhesions
- Shoulder impingment
- Plantar fasciitis
- Sport injury
- Pregnancy pelvic girdle pain
- Post-natal recovery
Reasons you may benefit from Soft Tissue Therapy:
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle tone
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Improve scar tissue structure and movement
- Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation or workload
If you would like to learn more about how a Soft Tissue Therapy might help you, please do book a chat with me.
What to expect during a treatment
I use a variety of modalities to help you recover and heal. These in include:
- Sport and remedial massage therapy
- Trigger point therapy
- Soft tissue release
- Neuromuscular techniques
- Myofascial release
- Prescribed stretches and exercises
- Nutritional, lifestyle and training advice
Book your Soft Tissue Therapy treatment
First Appointmentfor new clients
- Includes a comprehensive initial consultation, assessment, treatment and movement/health prescription.
- Your first appointment will be tailored to your specific need, whether that is massage or movement coaching.
Follow-Upfor existing clients
- Follow up appointments for existing clients to ensure we continue with your treatment plan and move forward with your progression and recovery.
- Massage and movement coaching to suit you
Book a free chat
There is no better way to find out if I am your ideal therapist than having a chat. I look forward to hearing from you.
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
By appointment only
07940 732 464
Oxfordshire, OX14 4EL